» Spread The Love 2021
Spread The Love 2021
We did it!
KairosPDX exceeded our goal for Spread the Love 2021 making it our biggest fundraiser yet at a time when we need it most.
KairosPDX could not have surpassed this year’s Spread the Love goal without the generous support of community members like YOU!
This is not your ordinary fundraiser. It is more a show featuring our next generation of leaders.Their wisdom is what we need right now; a brilliance that only children can give. If you want to hear from our next generation and support the centering of children in our community, then we invite you to watch this event. Kairos is an organization that is working hard to center humanity in education and change the narrative around what we collectively need to prioritize.
“In the wake of a year where tensions around racial reconciliation ran high, this is a breath of fresh air about how the future generations can instruct us to be better.” –Kali Ladd, Executive Director
Children are at the center of what KairosPDX does. Black lives matter: Children matter: Black and Brown children matter.
We would like to highlight some incredibly impactful moments turned fond memories from the evening:
- Ambassador of the Year Awardee, Pamela Ryan and Lifetime Achievement Awardee, Dr. Joy DeGruy.
- Kairos Leaders highlighted important neuroscience learning at KairosPDX, and our 8 Habits of Success.
- Kairos Leader Waleed (K), asked State Representative Janelle Bynum and City Commissioner Mingus Mapps what leadership means to them, and Kairos Leaders Rico (2nd) and DJ (3rd) answered Dr. Mapp’s question, “what kind of leaders are you?”.
- Kairos Leaders Lourdes (3rd) and Zoe (5th) asked Pink Martini lead singer China Forbes and City Commissioner Carmen Rubio what advice they might “give their 5th and 3rd grade selves?”.
- We had several donors offering to match at the $250, $500, $1000, $2500, and $5000 levels…WE ARE ELECTRIC!!
If you took a picture of your watch party or watch experience, be sure to tag KairosPDX @KairosKidsPDX on Facebook and @KairosPDX on Instagram and Twitter! Use the event tags, #STL2021 and #SpreadTheLove2021 to share your story of our incredible night!
In casc you missed it, click here to re-watch the show!
KairosPDX would like to thank our Designer Sponsor, FINEfor their incredible branding, graphics, and content development work for this year’s Spread The Love event. Without it, we could not have generated the theme-based momentum and succes we had.
We would also like to thank SWAIM Strategies for producing this year’s Spread the Love. A big thank you, Kelly Russell of Artisan Auctioneers, for serving as Mistress of Ceremonies.